Thursday, January 26, 2012

Life...

Well, our life here in Sacramento has really settled in. We went from no jobs with nothing to do to having every day and evening packed full... But we are not complaining!!

Kyle's job keeps him more than busy! He usually works around 50 hours a week and tries to sleep the rest of the time. He has adjusted so well to working nights and to working so many hours. I think he really likes getting paid to work so hard instead of paying to work hard in school. Many Saturdays this fall he has gotten to play pick-up football with some friends. Even though that cuts into his sleep time, he really likes it.

I have really gotten busy lately. Kyle says I'm the busiest unemployed person he knows. I am coaching club volleyball, so I guess I'm not technically unemployed. I also am on the women's ministries board at church. I am a youth leader. I have been helping plan a winter retreat in Tahoe for the kids... we are going up this weekend.  And, we have recently started leading a young adults growth group at church. Life is good! I love having the freedom to do all the things I enjoy! Oh, AND, I graduated from college in December! What a relief!!! I also get to spend a lot of time with my favorite little niece.


At the end of October, Kyle and I got to make a last minute visit to see his family!!! It was so great to see them! We got to watch Shawn play football and win a playoff game!! We also got to take family pictures since we were all together. I am so glad that trip worked out since we were not able to make it out for the holidays. But, we are already planning our trip for Shawn's graduation!!! So exciting!!


The most recent exciting thing in our life is that our good friends, Cody and Jessica Bren had their first baby!! We are so happy for them! Kyle and I are loving our role as uncle and auntie to the little girls around!

God has blessed us so much in the past couple of months, it is overwhelming! We try to continue to be faithful in allowing God to use us and all He has given us for His glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment